The chalet which housed the old post office was built in 1905, when the MOB (Montreux–Bernese Oberland) railway reached Saanen. Previously, the post office had been located on the high street but was moved closer to the train station for practical purposes.
In addition to the post office, the ground floor housed the municipal treasury of Saanen. The upper floors consisted of two apartments rented all year round.
When the municipal treasury moved out, notary Walter Müller set up his office on premises which was retained by his son Michel until 2007.
In early 1970, when the post office moved into a new building across the road, the John F. Kennedy International School took over the ground floor. The apartments were still rented.
The old post office chalet was purchased by Max Rieder in 2007 and completely renovated. Since 2008 it has housed the offices of Rieder Architektur AG.